Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skipping through the snow...

Well Indian Skipper did the job last night at Kempton winning at 20/1 for the Each Way Value system. Meant the first day back in business was a winning day for me which you can't ask better than that for!!

Quiet-ish again today with not much happening - Equine Investments put up Copper King in the 2pm at Lingfield which came 2nd after just about leading in the final furlong so nothing happening. Missed the recommended price of 6/1 as I was out for lunch with my boss... and only got 9/2 15 mins before the race. Did notice that SP was 6/1 - unusual to see an Equine tip drift.

Tipping Legends had one non runner and one third place producing a small profit for their tips on the day - Orpsie Boy coming in at 12/1 SP so got best odds for that. Couple of selections from Each Way Value today in the 17.10 at Wolverhampton with Resplendant Ace pipped into 4th so no return there. Overall a small losing day but still in profit for the year!!

Need to do a few things over the next few days - tot up my total for 2009, need to set some targets for 2010 and as I mentioned before re-assess my portfolio. Going to be hard with work commitments meaning I'm away from home pretty much for the next three weeks but at least my new iphone is doing the trick in terms getting bets on quickly and easily so happy with that Christmas present!!

Initial thoughts are that I reckon I made about £9,000 before deductions in 2009 - going down to about £6,000 after taking off expenses. So I think I'm going to aim for about £15,000 this year (aiming for £10k profit). If I achieve anywhere near that I'll be well pleased indeed!

No comments: