Wednesday, April 14, 2010

March Update & Other Thoughts

I had finished my March stats a while ago but haven't had a chance to upload them. Make for pretty grim reading which will come as no surprise. Without Berties Dream at Cheltenham it really would've been tears before bedtime so thanks to Double The Odds and Each Way Value (and of course Berties Dream) for keeping my dream alive!!

Here's the table;


Note that the Each Way Value bet on Berties Dream I had decided to double my stakes on EWV bets that day so there was a bit of lady luck shining on me there.

So really a poor end to the quarter overall which leads me to my next table, which is a summary of Q1 overall (including subscriptions);



A really disappointing start to 2010 which follows a disappointing end to 2009 and I haven't really had a particularly successful period since October.

It's certainly motivating me to put more work into this and makes me realise it's certainly not a case of putting the money on and watching the cash roll in. To make this successful you need to run it like a business.

Unfortunately April isn't heading in a positive direction either and I'm about £300 down at the moment.

So, what next? Really feel like i've made my first step on the right road with my decision re SLH bets. Need to do the same for Equine Investments although it's a matter of personal interest there as the service is hugely successful with the point structure the way it is.

On the watch list for me are;

* Mathematician (I've been with for several years but can't let sentimentality get in the way)
* Tipping Legends (not got a warm feeling at the moment despite a positive April so far)
* Tipping Legends Golf (not sure golf betting is for me - the gaps between successes are too long)
* Punter Profits (is it ever going to turn round - the stats say yes, my bank balance says no!!)

Have a few angles on personal bets that i hope will bear fruit. I've made a small profit in April so far on these.

Also need to make a decision as to whether i join any new services but must be at the expense of existing.

Will keep posting.

No comments: