Monday, April 25, 2011

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...

Well today really was a stinker. Worse day of the year by far - losing £426 all in and in day 102 of the year I am now well back into a negative position.

Everyone comments about how bad the racing was today in terms of quantity over quality - perhaps we can say the same about the tips!! 39 bets today and 4 win!! I went to Musselburgh yesterday and watched 7 races and got 5 winners!! I know it's a long term game and I would never be able to sustain it but this is beginning to do my head in. It's just a joke.

Here's my current "Hall of Shame";

* Roger Green Racing: not had a single winner since 9 April (28 bets) - 5 places admittedly but not good enough
* The Nagman: 10 losing bets in a row wiping out pretty much all of the profit made earlier in the month at the prices i get.
* Mr Gekko Bets: £500 down for the month. A short term blip but some blip!!!

When I started this in 2008 I signed up to Mathematician and Steve Lewis Hamilton and then joined Equine Investments in 2009 and through those 3 tipsters made the best part of £10k in 18 months. I thought this was an amazing way to make money but conscious it was important to diversify so I signed up to a whole host of other tipsters towards latter part of 2009 and its been a pretty hard slog ever since then - last year I didn't make enough to cover all the subscriptions and this year isn't looking any better.

The message is pretty loud and clear that it isn't working so I'm going to have to take a step back and make some changes. It's perfect timing as things are changing at work as well so I will need to fit my betting in with that as well. I think I know what I need to do but just need to go through a proper thought process.








No comments: